How Much Does it Cost to Reserve a Seat on British Airways?
British Airways allow its passengers to make an online/offline seat reservation for their travel needs. There is an additional fee for selecting a seat which depends on multiple factors such as ticket fare, travel class, and your preferred destination. However, if you don’t make a pre-seat selection, the airline will randomly assign you the seats.
Guidelines on Seat Policy on British Airways
- Passengers who have booked a Basic flight ticket can reserve seats in advance for free at the time of flight check-in 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- If you are an Executive Club Bronze and OneWorld Ruby member, you can make a pre-seat selection online/offline at least seven days before the flight departure for free. However, Silver and Gold and Oneworld Sapphire and Emerald members can purchase advance seats any time while making British Airways booking for free.
- The airline allows booking a seat in advance at the time of flight reservation to passengers with a physical disability. All you have to do is notify the airline at least 48 hours before your scheduled flight departure.
- The seat selection fee may differ.
i) For instance, Euro-class travelers have to pay Pond 7 to select their desired seats. ii) Pond 20 for selecting a seat for the long haul cabins in Economy class.
iii) While traveling in the Premium Economy travel class, the seat selection fee is Pond 18.
iv) For traveling on Business Class, the fee for choosing a preferred seat is Pond 14 to 62.
What are the steps to make an advance seat reservation online on British Airways?
If you have made a British Airways booking and are looking for ways to select a seat online, here is a step-by-guide, which you can follow to complete your seating process.
- Now enter your last name and flight confirmation number on the required columns.
- Click on the seating option.
- Now click on the ‘View and Change seats’ button.
- Follow the online instructions to complete the online seat reservation process.
- At the last step, you will receive a confirmation mail from the airline on your email ID given at the time of flight booking.
This is how you can reserve seats on British Airways airline’s site. However, if you still need instant assistance or want to get details on the seating policy, call on the customer care phone number.